During these two sessions, we will explore the following questions: What do we mean by market actors? What is the role of public-private partnerships in driving access to medicines in LMICs? What is the role of the public sector? Who pays for medicines and who delivers? What is the responsibility of consumers and patients?
After the sessions, you will have strengthened your capacity to understand and deal with crucial issues around access to medicines in LMICs. You will have learned about key trends in access to medicines in LMICs, the most recent trends, and innovations, and what this means for you as a market actor.
You will have:
- Acquired basic access to medicines in LMIC vocabulary,
including innovative approaches.
- Gained insight into the toolbox of access to medicines in
LMICs and methodologies.
- Obtained an overview of the key challenges of market access in LMICs.
- Identified the key stakeholders and their influence on shaping access to medicines in LMICS.
- Gained an understanding of payer perspectives in fragmented LMIC markets.
- Developed skills that will allow you to generate, apply and present evidence to maximize a strategy for access to medicine in LMICs.
Access to medicines is an essential part of achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).